10 WAYS TO RAISE AWARENESS EVERY DAY!
MAY is NATIONAL CELIAC DISEASE AWARENESS MONTH
- Share “Are You The ONE?” color brochure with friends and family who are unaware of celiac disease and its symptoms.
- Write your Congressperson and them ask to co-sponsor/support H. Con. Res 110 as Celiac Disease Awareness Month.
- Contact the health editor of your local newspaper and ask them if they know about celiac disease. Write them a letter and share your story.
- Read the latest on the Celiac Diet Series – articles from Practical Gastroenterology. Print out one of the articles and give it to your doctor, dietician or pharmacist
- Suggest that employees at your company have a “Pay $5 to wear jeans to work on Friday” to raise awareness and funds for CDF at your office.
- Request CDF brochures from the national office and ask your doctor and dentist to place them in their reception area. CDF brochures are also downloadable from our website: click here
- Request CDF brochures and Quick Start Diet Guides and give to teachers and healthcare providers at your child’s school or day care center.
- Find out if there is a health fair coming up in your town and offer to set up a table with information on celiac disease and how to get tested.
- Have a dinner party with your friends – celiacs and non-celiacs – and make a delicious gluten-free meal – complete with dessert! Show them gluten-free is fabulous!
- When you visit a friend or neighbor in the hospital, take the opportunity to talk to doctors, nurses, healthcare workers and dieticians to help increase their awareness of celiac disease and the gluten-free diet needs of celiac patients during their hospital stay.